SEO Specialist at Inbound Interactive might be my fancy 9 to 5 email signature, but I’d like to think of myself as a little bit more than just a full-time digital marketing nerd!
Although, you don’t have to take my word for it. Here’s a direct quote from one of my coworkers on my day-to-day responsibilities:
“Part-time SEO specialist, full-time office manager, human resources, training guide, and team psychologist. Full-time problem solver too”.
When I find some free time, I like to dabble into some freelance work in the website design and social media management department.
I also LOVE photography and I can edit pictures for hours. At this time, I am keeping photography purely as a hobby, rather than turning it into work like every other creative angle in my life.
Disclaimer: These are skills and tools I used for these jobs on a daily, the percentage is an indication of usage rather than a self-assessment. I guess you’ll just have to get to know me to see if I am actually 100% at them 😏.
MY WORK EXPERIENCE
May, 2016 – Current
- Clientele includes local and national clients from various industries, including: IT, Legal, Dental Health, Home Builders, Energy, Construction, Food Services, Events, etc.
- Spearhead digital marketing campaigns that drive significant increase in website traffic, maximize clients’ online and offline sales leads, secure the top rankings on Google and position the client at the top in their field.
- Accountable for SEO campaign strategies, web analytics, website optimizations, content strategies, website management and new employees training.
- Execute successful link building and citation building to help increase clients’ visibility in search engines and outrank competitors
Client’s Success Stories
- Increase lead generation by 100% for an IT client through strategic content development and optimization.
- Increase $250,000 in revenue in two years for a home care client after a complete website redesign and content restructuring.
- Drive a 237% increase in organic traffic and a 27% increase in conversion rates for a home improvement client after strategic SEO optimizations.
Website Designer [Freelance]
September 2013 – Current
- Develop websites and e-commerce stores for local businesses from various industries
- Develop a local food brand from scratch, including logo and website design, brand development, and content development
Client’s Success Stories
- Implement SEO optimizations that position the client in the top 3 of Google organic and local search results
- Develop successful ecommerce stores that generate over 300% increase in traffic to the client’s online store, as well as retail store
- Develop compelling content based on keyword research and SEO audits that consequently increase traffic to site and time spent on site
Social Media Management [Freelance]
CALGARY SUMMER FESTIVALS
May 2017 – Current
- Oversee and manage a total of 18 social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for 6 summer festivals in Calgary: Lilac Festival, Inglewood Night Market, Fiestival, Mexifest, Taste of Calgary and Inglewood Sunfest
- Develop successful campaign and branding strategies that grow awareness, active engagement and audience base.
Clients’ Success Story:
- Increase followers by 95% with a 200% increase in engagement on average per festival.
TOSCANA ITALIAN GRILL + NEXT DOOR WINE BAR
Sep, 2014 – May, 2016
- Developed and created strategic media campaigns with Bell Media, Pattison Ad, WHERE Magazine and City Palate
- Implemented creative social media strategies that helped increase brand awareness and community engagement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Optimized Google Adwords campaigns monthly to generate real life leads
- Implemented keyword research and SEO strategies to optimize websites for better rankings on Google search results
- Assisted with the execution of private events and meetings, development of marketing materials
- Managed advertisements of job vacancies and assisted with interviews and staff training
University of Calgary
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Communications and Media Studies, Minor in Italian Studies. (2010 – 2014)