When I find some free time, I like to dabble into some freelance work in the Web Design and Social Media Management department.
I also LOVE photography and I can edit pictures for hours. However at this time, I am keeping photography purely as my hobby, rather than turning it into work like every other creative angles in my life.
Follow me on Instagram to see what I am up to / where I am these days or scroll down to see what I’ve accomplished in my adult years thus far.
Disclaimer: These are skills and tools I used for these jobs on the daily, the percentage is an indication of usage rather than a self assessment. I guess you’ll just have to get to know me to see if I am actually 100% at them 😏.
I was born and raised in the capital city of Vietnam, Hanoi. I lived in Singapore for 3 years then moved again to Calgary, my current location. The constant moves and relocation between 3 countries during the first 20 years of my life made me the person that I am today.
DRIVEN, ADAPTABLE & CREATIVE
I love to travel to see the differences in our cultures and lifestyles. I think our cultural backgrounds play a big part in forming who we are as a person and how we are among a whole. I think the best part about travelling is the chance to immerse into a foreign culture and observe their social interactions and behaviours. The thought that our geographical origins play a part in distinguishing our races and our geographical locations might play a part in defining our social believes is fascinating to me.
For how much I’ve traveled and the many cities I’ve lived in, Calgary has become home to me. It has that small town feel, yet you still get to live that big city life. I love the random warm smiles I get walking down the streets, the smell of fresh snow, the many colours of fall, the overwhelming beauty or the surrounding nature and the serenity that is of Calgary at night. For international kids like me, we often don’t know where our home is or where we belong to. Not until we get home sick, or get to experience that ‘home sick’ feeling. I was lucky enough to have experienced home sick to realize where home is.
I don’t have a good story for why I chose Calgary as my place of residence. It all started with my Math teacher, who had a daughter that lived in Calgary. She was so wonderfully kind to lend me a hand and a place to stay before moving into residence. And that was that. I came to Calgary not knowing a single person and ended up being the only international student on my floor. At the time, I did not know there was a specific residence for international students (lol). It was a blessing in disguide because little did I know, my future husband was living on that floor.
MY WORK EXPERIENCE
Digital Marketing Specialist
May, 2016 – Current
- Work with local and national clients from various industries, including: Legal, Dental Health, Home Builders, Oil & Gas, Construction, Food Services, Events, etc
- Perform website audits, local and organic SEO audits, keyword research and market research to produce constructive optimization opportunities
- Implement successful SEO campaigns that drive and increase client’s Google rankings to top 3 in Google organic and local search results
- Execute successful link building and citation building to help increase clients’ visibility in search engines and outrank competitors
- Collaborate with web development team in user experience audits to generate longer time on site and reduce bounce rate, as a result, increase client’s conversion rate
- Collaborate with copywriting team to create content strategies that leverage click through rate, consequently increase traffic to site and time spent on site
Social Media Management [Freelance]
CALGARY SUMMER FESTIVALS
May 2017 – Current
- Oversee a total of 18 social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for 6 summer festivals in Calgary: Lilac Festival, Inglewood Night Market, Fiestival, Mexifest, Taste of Calgary and Inglewood Sunfest
- Develop written and visual content that reflects each event’s voice and mission
- Develop influencer’s campaigns and contests that effectively increased brand awareness
- Increase followers by 95% on average per festival with 200% increase in engagement
Website Designer [Freelance]
September 2013 – Current
- Create and develop websites for local businesses from various industries
- Implement SEO optimizations that position the client in the top 3 of Google organic and local search results
- Develop successful ecommerce stores that generate over 300% increase in traffic to the client’s online store, as well as retail store
- Develop compelling content based on keyword research and SEO audits that consequently increase traffic to site and time spent on site
TOSCANA ITALIAN GRILL + NEXT DOOR WINE BAR
Sep, 2014 – May, 2016
- Developed and created strategic media campaigns with Bell Media, Pattison Ad, WHERE Magazine and City Palate
- Implemented creative social media strategies that helped increase brand awareness and community engagement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Optimized Google Adwords campaigns monthly to generate real life leads
- Implemented keyword research and SEO strategies to optimize websites for better rankings on Google search results
- Assisted with the execution of private events and meetings, development of marketing materials
- Managed advertisements of job vacancies and assisted with interviews and staff training
University of Calgary
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Communications and Media Studies, Minor in Italian Studies. (2010 – 2014)